AAC Services Offered
Capabilities Based Assessment
The JCIDS process is initiated through the execution of a capabilities-based assessment (CBA), which is based on an existing Joint Operating Concept (JOC), Joint Integrating Concept (JIC), combatant command Operations Plan (OPLAN), or concept of operations (CONOPs). AAC Engineers are experienced with supporting and leading the development of the CBA. The objective of the CBA is to get validation of a capability gap or gaps by providing:
AAC Engineers can properly document the results of the CBA within the required Initial Capabilities Document (ICD) which is put before the JROC for approval.
• identification of the mission
• the capabilities (and operational performance criteria) required to successfully execute the mission
• the shortfalls in existing weapon systems to deliver those capabilities and the associated operational risks
• the possible non-materiel approaches for mitigating or eliminating the shortfall
• and when appropriate, recommends pursuing a materiel solution.